I am European, my partner is filipina, require a visa or otherwise not ? – Great Britain Forum

My partner and me personally you want to invest some times in London in September

My spouse is filipina, she’s got the residency that is belgian and filipino passport.

We do not find topics that are relevant it, also on embassy web web site it is confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter along with her passport, residency card, delivery and wedding certification, DO SHE HAVE TO MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR PERHAPS NOT ?

We should steer clear of the traditions in UK telling us “No, no entry, your lady requires a visa. “

The visa costs 170EUR here, that is quite a cost

Many Thanks ahead of time for the responses or advice

12 replies to the subject

Maybe you have checked in the website that is following?

It seems that she might not desire a visa IF she’s articles 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a relative of a Union Citizen”

Needless to say this website was checked by us but :

Are you considering travelling with or visiting either your lover or a grouped member of the family in the united kingdom?

This is the concern we do not realize : does it indicate the partner or member of the family (me personally then) has British nationality or european nationality ?

If we answer yes, no need visa.

Whenever we reply no, then the visa is required

For people you will find different definitions. Im perhaps perhaps not inhabitant of UK, and I also’m belgian, maybe not english.

Exacltly what the spouse requirements is determined by which type of residence card she’s got. You will find three kinds. Then she only needs a wedding certificate to prove she is married to you (plus a valid passport of course) if she has a residence card issued under Article 10 (with the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 of the Directive (with the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”).

If she’s a residence card granted under Belgian domestic legislation which will be perhaps not a write-up 10 or Article 20 card as above, then she additionally needs to submit an application for an EEA Family allow. There’s absolutely no charge for getting an EEA Family license.

Either in situation, she actually is just eligible to journey to great britain WITH you, or you are already here and she is travelling to meet you (and she can prove it) if she is travelling. Like said, its your duty to check your very own situation, but the conditions for entry are explained right here:

Your lady is travelling to you, you are (presumably) the holder of a EEA country passport. The critical point is – and only you can easily respond to this – is when the Residence card is within the proper structure with an explicit mention of Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

That is plainly shown regarding the her F card “Residency card of member of the family of an EU citizen”, so I assume we are going to avoid to cover fee that is useless. Many Thanks a whole lot for the good and answers that are fast

HI, i will be in the identical situation while you: i am a Belgian, real time and work with Belgium, my spouse is Kenyan, she’s got an Belgium F card. This indicates I guess we need an EEA family permit that it is not an article 10 card, so. This will depend how you see the relevant question in the gov.uk site as mentioned before : are you travelling with or visiting either your lover or a member of family in the united kingdom? so, does which means that i want to live or act as an Belgium in britain or otherwise not? I just like to bring a tourist check out beside me n my partner to London for X-mas.

The next issue: then afther going right on through the “apply” website link into the sentence “You must apply online through the Visa4UK solution for the EEA family license” about this site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit whenever we assume the solution of past real question is Yes, as my partner will join me personally toghetter to create a brief stop by at UK, so we do need certainly to apply for the EEA family license, totally free We need certainly to make an application for also to submit an application for different sorts of visa’s, nevertheless the EEA familypermit is nowhere found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa THEN we result in some type of cycle with similar concern about what kind of visa no actual choice of EEA at “submit an application for a see or transportation visa” neither on “submit an application for all the other visas” I ended up in apply for an 6month visa for a fee of 110 euro afther I run the enormeous questionlist. Therefore I think, it is really not possible to utilize for an EEA family license in the website that is official. Can anybody assist? Thanks

Under many circumstances, your spouse will not get a write-up 10 card (or Article 20 card, which will be similarly good) unless you’re “exercising your straight to movement that is free in a EU/EEA country which can be maybe not your house nation (ie perhaps maybe not Belgium). Then you would be exercising that right and your wife could get a card under Article 10 and travel with you to the UK without a visa or an EEA Family Permit if you were living/working (or had lived/worked) in an EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it wouldn’t matter which country. She’d just need her very own passport that is national her wedding certificate.

For the 2nd concern, unfortuitously, the web system does not let me see what choices you may be given unless we create african women at rose-brides.com a dummy account and work out a dummy application. My understanding is the fact that there are 2 dilemmas:

whenever navigating the web site, it generally does not provide you with any solution to pick “EEA Family allow” until FOLLOWING you’ve got developed a free account.

2) also once you have developed a merchant account, it is not apparent which alternatives you must make through the different drop-down bins to attain the possibility for “EEA Family Permit”. From memory, i really believe (but just think, because we can;t see that element of the website) you need to pick from the boxes the following answers in brackets:


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family member

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The wizard that is website then make suggestions through all of those other procedure without any indicator that you must spend a charge.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance with all the home business office recently, and received an answer which they “will observe your feedback with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) which can be an element of the office at home, and certainly will make use of them to help make the content better if necessary” along with a closing solution for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, October 29, 2018